Saturday, September 27, 2008

Personal Update: There's not a jar big enough.


So that I don't have to respond to a ton of e-mails and phone calls about why I wasn't at the first local cross race of the year... Or at any cross races over the next month, here's what’s going on.

Over the Labor Day weekend I slipped a disk in my lower back. But like an idiot I didn’t see a doctor and kept riding the bike, which made the problem worse. Eventually the pain got the to point where I couldn’t ride any more and this past Monday my body had said ENOUGH! The good news is that after one chiropractor visit and three visits to a physical therapist that I now call “Jesus” my back is starting to feel somewhat normal. The bad news is no cross racing until the end of October.

At this point I’m not sure what hurts more… My back or the sick feeling in my stomach from training since the beginning of March, losing 14 pounds, and getting in some kind of race condition so that I wouldn’t embarrass myself in the B’s all so that I can miss a WHOLE MONTH OF CROSS!!!

Trust me on this, there’s not a swear jar big enough for how I feel right now.

2 comments:

Rick said...

dude, this sucks.....hope you can get back it b/f the season ends...

Gary Burkholder said...

Hang in there! I would steer clear of any bumpy courses, since those seem to put a good kink in my back.